Troop & Family Summer Camp Rental
Camps Coleman, Cottaquilla and Trico will be open this summer
to Families and Troops with restrictions. Our priority is to make our
camps as safe as possible for our members, but we also recognize that
many members still want outdoor activities.
Families and Troops should ensure social distancing and all safety measures are followed based on the State of Alabama’s Amended Safer at Home guidelines.
Availability is limited and requests will be processed in the order received.
GSNCA Member Pricing:
Accommodations: returning to full price as of October 1,
Activities and Equipment rentals will also return to full price as of October 1, 2021
Activities that might be available, depending on location and
Swimming, boating, target sports, etc.
The following COVID-19 safety protocols are in place:
• Camp playgrounds and other public spaces are closed. (Dining halls, gym, conference center, picnic shelters, etc.)
• Troops/families will not participate in activities with other troops/families.
• Bathrooms will be specifically assigned. Please do not use any bathroom other than the one assigned to your troop/family.
• Kitchens and cook shelters will be specifically assigned. Please do not use any kitchen/cook shelter other that the one assigned to your troop/family.
• Capacity of units is reduced, as needed to allow for social distancing. 50% capacity in most lodges; max of 3 people per small cabin, except for Family Camping.
• Troop and group leaders are required to enforce maximum capacity and head to foot sleeping in order to ensure social distancing between campers, not from the same household.
• Lifeguards will be provided at Camp Trico and Camp Coleman on specific dates for troops and families utilizing the camp accommodations. Advance camping reservations and additional fees are required.
• Troops who have their own lifeguard may use the pool for an additional fee.
• Troops who have their own certified instructors may reserve boats or archery equipment at the regular rental fees.
• Specific sanitizing protocols for activity equipment will be posted, and troops/families are required to enforce them.
• Due to social distancing requirements, inflatables will not be deployed at Camp Trico this year.