Camps Coleman, Cottaquilla, and Trico will be open, beginning July 6, for family and troop camping with certain restrictions. Our priority is to make camps as safe as possible for our members, but we also recognize that many members still want outdoor activities.
Families and Troops must enforce social distancing and other safety measures consistent with the State of Alabama’s Amended Safer at Home guidelines. Any group activity where compliance with CDC guidelines for social distancing cannot be maintained will not be allowed on camp property.
Availability is limited and will be processed in the order received.
Activities that may be available, depending on location and availability:
Swimming, boating, target sports, etc.
The following COVID-19 safety protocols are in place:
• Reservation requests for multiple troops occupying the same camping area at one time will not be approved.
Camp playgrounds and other public spaces are closed. (Dining halls, gym, conference center, picnic shelters, etc.)
• Troops/families will not participate in activities with other troops/families.
• Bathrooms will be specifically assigned. Please do not use any bathroom other than the one assigned to your troop/family.
• Kitchens and cook shelters will be specifically assigned. Please do not use any kitchen/cook shelter other that the one assigned to your troop/family.
• Capacity of units is reduced, as needed to allow for social distancing. 50% capacity in most lodges; max of 3 people per small cabin, except for Family Camping.
• Troop and group leaders are required to enforce maximum capacity and head to foot sleeping in order to ensure social distancing between campers from separate household.
• Lifeguards will be provided at Camp Trico and Camp Coleman on specific dates for troops and families utilizing the camp accommodations. Advance camping reservations and additional fees are required.
• Troops who have their own lifeguard may use the pool for an additional fee.
• Troops who have their own certified instructors may reserve boats or archery equipment at the regular rental fees.
• Specific sanitizing protocols for activity equipment will be posted, and troops/families are required to enforce them.
• Because they cannot be sanitized between users and because social distancing requirements cannot be maintained, inflatables will not be deployed at Camp Trico this year.