If you have questions about how the coronavirus may impact
Girl Scout activities, please contact Jennifer Sholund at [email protected] or
Karen Peterlin at [email protected].
For Cookies contact: Sara Stutsman at [email protected].
For Camp reservations contact: Amy Anderson at [email protected].
For Programs contact Laura Elliott at [email protected].
For Highest Awards contact: Katie Smith at [email protected].
For Communications contact: Jennifer Sholund at [email protected].
Due to uncertainty in our communities regarding the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama is proactively suspending the booth sale portion of the program starting Monday, March 16, 2020. For those troops that have applied for an Extension, please implement alternative ways to continue your cookie program.
- April 19th is the last day for the Cookie Program. The DOC will not accept new orders past 11:59 pm on this date.
- TCMs should enter all receipts in eBudde and ensure inventory is distributed correctly.
- By 11:59 pm April 23rd, TCMs submit the reward choices your girls have made. Pay attention to shirt sizes (only YS, YM, AS, AM, AL, and AXL available). Any rewards not submitted by the due date will be submitted at a later date with no guarantee of timely delivery
- April 24th SUCMs will receive a list of their remaining troops’ balances.
- SUCMs should review the rewards orders for each troop, then submit the final rewards for their Service Unit by Sunday April 26th, 11:59 pm
- April 29th the remaining balance your troop owes the council will be withdrawn
- Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Here are ideas to complete your cookie program:
- Digital Cookie will be extended to April 19, 2020. Encourage your girls to send out additional emails to close friends and family. A personal note – “Help our troop finish strong. We have 67 packages of cookies remaining. You can still purchase cookies.” For “porch drops” please first consider advice by local public health officials. Girls can send with a parent to work with a thank you note – or you can donate them to a local nursing home, first responders, a feeding program or charity of choice. Please note that some nursing homes, first responders, etc. are discouraging public touches. Please reach out to them first. Your troop might wait to deliver the cookies until after the state of emergency is lifted.
- Virtual Booth Sale – Host a virtual booth sale via social media. Again, provide a safe delivery method or specify a charity of your troop’s choice. Please refrain from making broad asks for help on large audience sites. A post on your page asking friends and family to support your troop is okay. Posting to a marketplace site is not.
out to family, friends, church members, and other local contacts and
request their assistance to help your troop finish strong.