Camping is a great way for girls to explore leadership, build skills, and develop a deep appreciation for nature. Whether for a day, a week, or longer, Girl Scout camp gives girls an opportunity to grow, explore, and have fun under the guidance of caring, trained adults.
The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama maintains four camp properties with specially designed program experiences for girls across our council. Each property offers a unique and memorable camping experience.
In Girl Scouting, outdoor education is accomplished by girl planning partnering with adults. Outdoor experiences afford every girl an opportunity to:
• Explore nature and learn to appreciate and protect the outdoors
• Learn new skills.
• Progress from one skill level to another
• Be challenged to grow in new ways.
• Develop independence, leadership and team work.
• Improve self-esteem.
• Teach others what she knows.
• Develop values to guide her actions and provide foundation for sound decision-making.
• Be safe, have fun, and make new friends.