Questions about branding? Email our communications team.
Upload a photo.
The words "Scout," "Scouts" and "Scouting" should never appear without the modifier "Girl," and each word should be capitalized.
Also, we are "Girl (singular) Scouts," not "Girls Scouts." We are a part of a national organization called Girl Scouts of the USA. "Girl Scouts of America" should never be substituted for "Girl Scouts of the USA."
Following are guidelines for using our council name:
- "Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama" should always have a hyphen between "North" and "Central."
- When the full name of the council is used for the first time in a document, it should be followed by the abbreviation "GSNCA." Thereafter, the abbreviation may be used instead of the full name.
- The word "council" is not a part of our name. (For example, we should never refer to ourselves as the "North-Central Alabama Council.")
- Capitalization is not necessary for the word "council".
- Legacy Council names should no longer be used (i.e. please use Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama instead of referencing Cahaba Girl Scout Council, Tombigbee Girl Scout Council, Girl Scouts of North Alabama or Cottaquilla Girl Scout Council.
The Girl Scouts of North-Central lockup consists of the three profiles (the logo) accompanied by the logotype ("Girl Scouts®") and council name set in specific proportions. Standard usage guidelines include:
- They may be reproduced only from approved artwork. Other versions are obsolete.
- They may never be redrawn, reproportioned, or modified in any way.
- If a larger or smaller version is required, image must be reduced or enlarged so the proportions remain exactly as designed.
- The symbols may never be pulled apart from the logotype and used as separate design elements.
- They should not be shaded or screened.
- The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama lockup should be used in its two-color format when possible: black words, and a green trefoil. It is acceptable to use a solid black logo. It is also acceptable to use white words on a dark background.
- When reproducing the service mark on a dark background, it should be reversed out (printed white).
- If the logo will be placed on a one-color item (T-shirt or promotional item), the logo may be used in that one color – but it should all be in that color. i.e., if it is a purple T-shirt with pink writing, the logo may appear in pink (including the trefoil).
- The trefoil may be used alone, but it must always be printed in a shade of green as close to PMS 355 as possible.
- The trefoil may not have any graphics or photos inside it.
- Those wishing to reproduce the Girl Scouts of
North-Central Alabama lockup must submit a written request. A
proof from a vendor must be provided (if applicable) to be approved
- A Marketing Agreement is required for outside organizations wishing to use our logo. Contact the communications department to discuss.
- Get the logo from an approved source (our website or email.) Other
versions are obsolete.
- Follow the logo usage and
- Provide the vendor's proof to us via email for approval.
- Put artwork or words around the council lockup or trefoil. The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama logo should stand alone.
- Manipulate the logo's colors. Use the logo usage guidelines to help you, or ask the communications department.
- G.I.R.L. Wordcloud Poster
- Posters are sized 36inx36in. To print on letter size click Fit to Page.