Are You Interested in Robotics?
Are you interested in robotics? Would you like to be part of a competition
robotics team? Would you like to create your own team? Are you part of a
FIRST Lego League team ready to move up to FIRST Tech Challenge?
Check out our flyer
The Browncoats, FIRST Tech Challenge Team 7842, are hosting a series of informational meetings to help spread the word about US FIRST Robotics.
What is US FIRST Robotics: FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) “the hardest fun you’ll ever have!” http://www.firstinspires.org/
- Inspire students’ interest and participation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students
develop skills and practice engineering principles, while realizing the value of hard work, innovation, and sharing ideas
- Foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership
- FIRST Tech Challenge teams (grades 7-12) are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to play a floor game in an alliance format
- Teams also must raise funds, design and market their team brand, and do community outreach for which they can win awards
- Participants have access to tens of millions of dollars in college scholarships
- Each season has local qualifiers, State Championship, Super Regional Championships, and a World Championship
Who are the Browncoats?
The Browncoats are a community team made up of seven students,
ranging from 6th – 12th grades from the Huntsville, Alabama area.
This is our fourth year competing as a FIRST Tech Challenge team. So
far, during the 2016-2017 Season, we have won the Inspire Award and
were in the finals at the first Alabama State Championship. For the
third year in a row, we have advanced to the South Super Regional
Championship to be held in Athens, Georgia on March 24-25, 2017.
Website Page: http://ftcbrowncoats.org/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FTC7842browncoats/
Email Address: email@example.com